Let me start by saying that I hate oatmeal. As many of you know I have a lot of quirks. Texture being one of them. I cannot stand the texture of biting into oatmeal. Not to mention it smells bad!
That being said oatmeal is a good food to eat while breastfeeding as it helps with milk production (TMI, I know). Anyway, I have been trying to eat more oatmeal. I have made no bake cookies four times. The last time the only way you could eat them was with a spoon. I give up. So I looked online for a recipe that involved chocolate chips. I was very skeptical of the cookies. I felt like I ruined a perfectly good batch of chocolate chip cookies when I mixed in the oatmeal! However, they turned out great! I actually liked them and plan on making them more.
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups quick oats
2 cups mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cream together butter, shortening, brown sugar, and sugar.
3. Add eggs and vanilla, mix thoroughly.
4. Add baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour. Stir into a creamy mixture.
5. Add quick oats and chocolate chips. Mix until well blended.
6. Drop onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes on the sheet.
I know 15 minutes is a long time to bake cookies but it is worth it. They will come out soft on top and crispy on the bottom. I loved them!